From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - new category dev-tos
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:59:41
1 On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 13:44:52 +0100, sanchan wrote:
2
3 > Hi all, I'm working on TinyOS related ebuilds (Bug #78908) and since
4 > actually there are 20 ebuilds in my overlay may be worth proposing a
5 > dev-tos category.
6 > It will take a few weeks in order to have all the ebuilds updated for the
7 > new release of tinyos, have them reviewed by peer an committed to the tree,
8 > but it's a lot easier to make a category early rather than moving stuff.
9
10 I don't know TinyOS, but I assume it is a "toy OS", like minix and many others.
11 What about a dev-toyos category? It could be great to have some other
12 toy OS, including the one I have been working on (funk, see
13 http://home.gna.org/funk/), but also, if licences allow it, plan9,
14 minix3, coyotos, l4 and so on.
15
16 I do not have ebuilds for any of them but could help make some if people
17 agree that it could be useful.
18
19 Regards,
20 Alexandre