From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:46:10
1 >>>>> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Steve Long wrote:
2
3 > That works for that specific case, yes, but it's still not a general
4 > solution, which is what BASH arrays were invented for. For instance,
5 > an ebuild author cannot specifically include a file with spaces, and
6 > ignore all the other files in the same directory.
7
8 The better solution would be to rename a such strange files ...
9 How about an "edetox"? ;-)
10
11 And I still don't see why we would need the most general solution for
12 a *default* function. There's always the possibility to write your own
13 src_install() for the few ebuilds that need it.
14
15 Ulrich