From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:40:04
1 Ulrich Mueller schrieb:
2 >>>>>> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Steve Long wrote:
3 >
4 >> That works for that specific case, yes, but it's still not a general
5 >> solution, which is what BASH arrays were invented for. For instance,
6 >> an ebuild author cannot specifically include a file with spaces, and
7 >> ignore all the other files in the same directory.
8 >
9 > The better solution would be to rename a such strange files ...
10 > How about an "edetox"? ;-)
11 >
12 > And I still don't see why we would need the most general solution for
13 > a *default* function. There's always the possibility to write your own
14 > src_install() for the few ebuilds that need it.
15 >
16 > Ulrich
20 I aggree with Ulrich in this case. This is just a suggestion for a default src_install funcion,
21 nothing that should cover every possible case. So if you have some special DOC that does not work
22 with the default install, you can still do it the normal way. So my suggestion for a default
23 src_install:
24
25 default_src_install() {
26 if [ -f Makefile -o -f GNUmakefile -o -f makefile ]; then
27 if emake DESTDIR="${D} install || einstall ; then
28 die "install failed"
29 else
30 if [[ -n ${DOCS} ]]; then
31 dodoc ${DOCS} || die "dodoc failed"
32 fi
33 fi
34 fi
35 }
36
37 Any more comments? Good? Bad? Interested?