From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: peter@×××××.se
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] include files question
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:28:33
1 Dnia 2013-09-20, o godz. 18:12:17
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> napisał(a):
3
4 > "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
5 > > Also, it may be easier to change now when we only have two headers,
6 > > than later. And you may even add compatibility symlinks or copies in
7 > > /usr/include to give people more time to update.
8 >
9 > I think you should rip off the band-aid quickly.
10 >
11 > Move the files and update the .pc file. If someone is building
12 > against openrc without using pkg-config then they should fix their
13 > stuff. Putting $(shell pkg-config --cflags openrc) into a Makefile
14 > is very easy.
15
16 Putting another includedir is even worse kind of band-aid. If we're to
17 put them in a directory, I'd rather require 'more complete' includes,
18 like:
19
20 #include <openrc/rc.h>
21
22 Otherwise, you're just fighting conflicts in the scope of a single
23 application.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny