From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:25:48
1 On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:28:04 -0500 Chris Gianelloni
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 | I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this. If the licenses are
4 | listed as accepted by default, which they will be, how exactly does
5 | this screw over *any* users?
6
7 It screws over any user who wants to make use of the feature.
8
9 | Besides that, there can be a license
10 | group for them all, so even the people using ACCEPT_LICENSE="-*" will
11 | be able to add just the single group for them all.
12
13 Erm. That isn't the point of licence groups. The point of licence
14 groups is to allow the user to accept a group of licences that have
15 been reviewed by some relevant third party. Using them for "whatever
16 licences I need to get blah" defeats the entire purpose of allowing
17 users to do licence filtering at all.
20 Ciaran McCreesh
21 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
22 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
23 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13