From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:20:45
1 On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 12:47 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:31:54 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
3 > <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 > | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > | > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:13:33 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
6 > | > <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
7 > | > | Which part of GLEP 23 does it break? Please show me the text.
8 > | >
9 > | > Cut the crap, Donnie. We all know you're not that stupid, so stop
10 > | > pretending you are.
11 > |
12 > | How is it stupid to ask that you cite actual text from a policy when
13 > | you say I'm violating it? I think this makes the third time I've
14 > | asked now without ever seeing any concrete evidence.
15 >
16 > You make *the entire GLEP* unworkable. Now every user who wants to
17 > cover their ass legally has to go through and check every single one of
18 > those identical licences one by one. That's something that's supposed
19 > to be done centrally, by the people who maintain the packages.
20
21 I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this. If the licenses are
22 listed as accepted by default, which they will be, how exactly does this
23 screw over *any* users? Besides that, there can be a license group for
24 them all, so even the people using ACCEPT_LICENSE="-*" will be able to
25 add just the single group for them all.
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
30 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
31 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
32 Gentoo Foundation