From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:53:41
1 On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:31:54 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
2 <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:13:33 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
5 | > <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
6 | > | Which part of GLEP 23 does it break? Please show me the text.
7 | >
8 | > Cut the crap, Donnie. We all know you're not that stupid, so stop
9 | > pretending you are.
10 |
11 | How is it stupid to ask that you cite actual text from a policy when
12 | you say I'm violating it? I think this makes the third time I've
13 | asked now without ever seeing any concrete evidence.
14
15 You make *the entire GLEP* unworkable. Now every user who wants to
16 cover their ass legally has to go through and check every single one of
17 those identical licences one by one. That's something that's supposed
18 to be done centrally, by the people who maintain the packages.
19
20 | I've read through GLEP 23 a few times now and frankly I'm sick of
21 | dealing with licensing. If I gave a crap about it, I'd be using
22 | Debian.
23
24 Debian would work well for you. They like the whole "if it isn't
25 explicitly forbidden you can get away with it" thing. It's kinda the
26 opposite of Gentoo's "don't be stupid" approach.
29 Ciaran McCreesh
30 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
31 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
32 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13