From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: gtk-sharp-module.eclass
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:40:43
1 On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 09:42 Wed 26 Nov , Peter Alfredsen wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 > > > > # Make selecting components configurable.
5 > > > > epatch ${WORKDIR}/${MY_P}-configurable.diff
6 > > >
7 > > > This seems like something you might want optional, depending on
8 > > > some variable.
9 > >
10 > > It really isn't. That patch adds AC_ARG_ENABLEs to configure so we
11 > > can split up the gnome-sharp and gnome-desktop-sharp tarballs into
12 > > smaller pieces.
13 >
14 > I'm thinking of what happens when you don't need the patch anymore
15 > for a newer release but still do for an older one.
16
17 Then I add in the $PATCH_ACCEPTED_UPSTREAM var.
18
19 > Or maybe you
20 > update the patch and want to test it on ~arch revisions for a while
21 > before hitting stable users with it.
22
23 I could add another var into the mix.
24
25 This isn't a catch-all eclass. It's designed for a very narrow group of
26 ebuilds which will only get smaller as I transition the packages to
27 eapi-2 and use depends.
30 /PA