From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *-config tool renaming?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:15:47
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > The reason for using "g-" was so typing "g-<tab>" will get ALL gentoo
3 > utilities. Otherwise the advantage of being consistent and hierarchal
4 > is largely lost (you do need a (hopefully) short "top of tree"
5 > identifier for the hierarchy). You will also need to allow for other
6 > configuration tools such as g-cpan.pl which is a gentoo utility, but is
7 > really perl module installer similar to emerge.
8
9 Its amazing the new things I find out everyday about Gentoo. The other day I wrote an
10 ebuild for the perl module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and submitted it on bugs.gentoo.org
11 when all I needed to do was 'g-cpan.pl Spreadsheet::WriteExcel'.
14 Andrew Gaffney
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list