From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: Future Support of hardened-sources Kernel
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:45:42
1 On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > However, does this mean the hardened kernel package must stay in ~arch
3 > since it's technically the testing version? Or would we keyword it
4 > based on our own findings of stability?
5
6 I'd recommend that the team does whatever adds the most value. If it
7 doesn't want to do QA on released versions then I suggest it all stay
8 as ~arch. If you're going to do your own QA I don't see why you can't
9 mark versions as stable - just make it clear to users what stable
10 means.
11
12 BTW, while they're only tracking the most recent stable branch of the
13 kernel, they ARE tracking a stable branch, and not mainline.
16 Rich