From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for April 23
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:29:46
1 On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:14:36 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:10:50 +0200
5 > Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o> wrote:
6 > > A reasonable default would be --disable-static. Then libs that have
7 > > in-tree consumers of their static libs could then make a use-flag,
8 > > users who need them could use EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-static".
9 >
10 > If you're going to do that, why not do it as an EAPI thing? This has
11 > the added bonus that there's a clean migration path...
12
13 If we ever decide to do that, eapi would be a sane way to do it. Right
14 now, we're only discussing making static libs configurable. The other
15 bits we can deal with when we come to them.
16
17 /loki_val