From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 2 is brokened :(
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 22:35:16
1 On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:22:19 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > So where exactly is this "sky is falling" issue you're worried
4 > about? Bugs happen.
5
6 It means anyone using EAPI 2 now is going to encounter severe
7 breakages with Pkgcore. Simply put, all your Pkgcore users are going to
8 get screwed over very messily as soon as they try to use any EAPI 2
9 things. Is this not something we should be caring about?
10
11 > Frankly you're overreacting on this- and that is assuming you *are*
12 > overreacting instead of just going for a bit of a public smear
13 > via bugs.
14
15 Bah. If you want me to lecture you on how you're being blatantly
16 irresponsible and incompetent then I will do, although by the way you
17 rush on the defensive and start trying to cover your ass by throwing
18 accusations at me it looks like you already know it. But what I care
19 about is getting the mess fixed in the most painless way possible.
20
21 This is a real issue and developers need to know the implications.
22
23 > Either way, my vote is fix the bugs, leave EAPI2 as is, and in the
24 > future kindly file bugs properly (preferably w/out the noise, but
25 > I'll take usable bug reports in almost any form).
26
27 If you want bug reports via trac instead of IRC, get your trac to
28 respond faster.
31 Ciaran McCreesh