From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Food For Thought: Bugzilla Localization?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:36:29
1 On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:17:38PM +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 > 1) Are there official gentoo i18n groups, and if so, do they have their own bugzilla. If so, maybe we can link to them from the non-bugzilla site, and the people their can transition non-english bugs over to standard bugzilla.
3
4 Nope (to your first question). We don't have a real i18n crew yet. It might
5 be a good idea for form one; we do have good support for i18n generally
6 (package maintainers are using the LINGUAS and the documentation has
7 references to locales and such) but an expertise group can probably improve
8 the distribution (for instance by adding the necessary man-pages-${LANG}
9 ebuilds, etc.).
10
11 > 2) Can people be brought on board to localize bugzilla, as well as provide translation of non-english bugs.
12
13 I'm not in favor of having a non-English official bugzilla. Tooooo much
14 resources to put in it; I'd rather use translation teams to continuously
15 keep translating interesting stuff, like documentation but also help with
16 the localisation of Portage if that ever comes this far.
17
18 Translating bugs is such a waist of resources...
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
24 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
25
26 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>