From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Food For Thought: Bugzilla Localization?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:49:36
1 Ok, I'm just going to sort of throw this into the mix, so here goes:
2
3 I was talking with the -doc people about the bugzilla doc I was working on. I wanted to try and get rid of the pictures, and go with something more ascii representative for ease of translation. But then someone brought up the obvious point that our bugzilla is a non-english speaking language bugzilla. This brings in mind the issue of how to handle bugs that non-english users want solved. A couple of ideas came to mind:
4
5 1) Are there official gentoo i18n groups, and if so, do they have their own bugzilla. If so, maybe we can link to them from the non-bugzilla site, and the people their can transition non-english bugs over to standard bugzilla.
6
7 2) Can people be brought on board to localize bugzilla, as well as provide translation of non-english bugs.
8
9 3) Somewhat similiar to 2, explain to users what the english fields mean, and have them fill it out in their own language, then have someone come by and translate it for the developers.
10
11 While I don't have quite all the answers here, I'm wondering if someone has a viable solution to this somewhat obscure issue. Thanks.
12
13 Chris White