From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On git and pushing official gentoo branches
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:15:16
1 Le dimanche 26 avril 2009 à 15:33 -0500, William Hubbs a écrit :
2 > Hi Gilles,
3 >
4 > On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:55:55PM +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
5 > > As many of you might already know, gnome switched to git about 2 weeks
6 > > ago so I'd like to take a pick at what people do concerning upstream
7 > > using git. How do you present patches you maintain for gentoo to
8 > > upstream ? Own maintained git server, gentoo hosted git, others ?
9 >
10 > Take a look at git format-patch. You can put your local changes on a
11 > local branch and create patches that would be able to be merged very
12 > easily upstream. Or you can just use git diff to create patches to
13 > email upstream.
14
15 Well I'm more looking into giving upstream the possibility to pick what
16 we've done by a single git cherry-pick or merge. format-patch works
17 well, it's what I'm using to keep patches in sync with upstream changes
18 but what I'm really looking for is a way to say to upstream "look,
19 that's where patches for your project are hold in gentoo land, come and
20 pick everything you think is worth it" (sure I can point to
21 sources.gentoo.org but that's not what I'm looking for).
24 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
25 Gentoo