From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Optimizing toe stepping
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 10:16:52
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Every other day on IRC, I see people arguing about touching each
4 others packages, despite our policies against it. (Sometimes it's even
5 me who's doing the touching!) My instinctive reaction is always,
6 "can't everybody calm down and be happy somebody is doing your work
7 for you?" The answer to this question is, of course, that it depends
8 who the developer is and how competent you are.
9
10 So, nothing new here. I don't want to bikeshed about it. Business as usual.
11
12 Perhaps we can come up with something more formal for solving this,
13 that works a bit better than my package-policy.txt idea (see other
14 thread).
15
16 A few have proposed in the past adding this kind of "attitude
17 information" to metadata.xml. Does anybody have any concrete proposals
18 for what this would look like?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Jason
24 Jason A. Donenfeld
25 Gentoo Linux Security & Infrastructure
26 zx2c4@g.o
27 www.zx2c4.com
28 zx2c4.com/keys/A28BEDE08F1744E16037514806C4536755758000.asc