From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:14:35
1 Replying to my own messages feels very strange... but anyway
2
3 On Sunday 23 November 2003 02:49, Jason Stubbs wrote:
4 > There is also no checking of * or -, but I'm guessing that's already
5 > abstracted in portage. Or does it only apply to USE? Anyway, will check on
6 > that later.
7
8 Just looking at the code for USE and found that it doesn't implement * either,
9 only -*. Thinking about how to implement * with the licenses, I can
10 understand why. Is * necessary? Mightn't it be legally dangerous for the
11 end-user?
12
13 Jason
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list