From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:08:09
Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> said:
> On 7 August 2010 02:18, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote: > > The thing you're ignoring out of this g55 idiocy is that people don't > > particularly seem to want it. There has been an extremely vocal > > subgroup of paludis/exherbo devs pushing for it while everyone else > > seems to have less than an interest in it. That's generalizing a > > bit, but is reasonably accurate. > > Exactly. This is Gentoo. Let Exherbo devs go develop their own distro > and stop trying to interfere with Gentoo. It is time the council puts > a definite stop to GLEP 55.
if the council should stop anything, then rude behavior like you have shown. I am personally much in favor for GLEP55, as it solves a technical problem that keeps coming up and have no association with Exherbo at all. If you want to constructively contribute to Gentoo, i'd hope you reconsider a message like the above before sending it next time.
> > > _EITHER WAY_, rather than having g33 get beat down for unrelated > > reasons by people screaming they want their pony/g55, g33 can proceed > > despite claims to the contrary, and it doesn't require g55 as > > ciaran/crew have claimed. > > I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 33. I believe it is one of the > most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to > get behind this.
I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 55. I believe it is one of the most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to get behind this. I also support the aims of GLEP33.