From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Some sync control
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:09:29
1 On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:38:34AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | The other points were valid, but if it works anything like Gentoo, I
3 > | think this is BS. Sure, everyone commits to the same tree, but not to
4 > | the same lines of the same file. Unless all they do over in BSD-land
5 > | is global seds all day long, I don't see this scenario.
6 > You mean like when eight or so archs keyword something for a security
7 > bug within a few hours of each other? Or when three or four archs go
8 > stable with a new KDE or Gnome release on the same day?
9 You get conflicts with CVS already in that case, it's not going to
10 increase the number of conflicts in any way.
11
12 As a different note, if we were so inclined GIT would actually allow us
13 to specify that the KEYWORDS line is safe to perform additive merges on
14 always - I wouldn't trust such a behavior myself, but the option is
15 there.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux Developer
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85