From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Some sync control
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:19:25
1 On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 01:06:31 -0800 "Robin H. Johnson"
2 <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:38:34AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > | The other points were valid, but if it works anything like
5 | > | Gentoo, I think this is BS. Sure, everyone commits to the same
6 | > | tree, but not to the same lines of the same file. Unless all they
7 | > | do over in BSD-land is global seds all day long, I don't see this
8 | > | scenario.
9 | > You mean like when eight or so archs keyword something for a
10 | > security bug within a few hours of each other? Or when three or
11 | > four archs go stable with a new KDE or Gnome release on the same
12 | > day?
13 |
14 | You get conflicts with CVS already in that case, it's not going to
15 | increase the number of conflicts in any way.
16
17 Except that with CVS, you just update that one directory, which isn't
18 particularly painful even for all the arch people who live in backwards
19 countries with wet string internet connections.
22 Ciaran McCreesh
23 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
24 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
25 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/