From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:29:32
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > This isn't a usability request. Making the "use paludis --info cat/pkg"
3 > text stand out more was a usability request, and I was happy to make
4 > that change. This is a few noxious trolls whining in an attempt to cause
5 > trouble.
8 For those who have concerns with the paludis output - is there anything
9 present in emerge --info that the paludis output omits? I'd see that as
10 a completely legitimate concern.
11
12 Also - if a better way of organizing the paludis output would make it
13 easier to find what you're looking for I'd think that would be a
14 constructive piece of criticism.
15
16 It does seem a bit odd to ask somebody to imitate the emerge formatting
17 of the output just to say that it matches. If somebody wants to create
18 a script to do it they can post it online so that everybody who cares
19 can run it and not have to look at evil paludis output... :)
20
21 Now, if were were talking about data that was an input to some kind of
22 automated routine then that would be a different story. However, in
23 that case we might start by xmlifying it or something...