From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:41:09
1 On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> It's time of year again to consider moving a few arches to dev-only status.
6 >>
7 >> I propose the following arches to lose their stable keywords
8 >>
9 >> - s390
10 >> - sh
11 >> - ia64
12 >> - alpha
13 >> - m68k
14 >> - sparc
15 >
16 > I want some level between "stable and completely supported" and "loses
17 > all its stable keywords.", at least for alpha.
18 >
19 > Is switching their profiles to dev the way to do that?
22 The proposal is to drop stable keywords on arches that cannot keep up.
23 Do you feel this is not the case on alpha?