From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <zlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What are blocks used for?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:56:37
1 On Wednesday 16 April 2008 09:56:04 Mateusz A. Mierzwiński wrote:
2 > My Prof from US used to say - if something is working good why we should
3 > replace it? When we do that we can be "sent to the tree with bananas
4 > straighting proposition" by OS.
5
6 I think it has been made quite clear in this thread that the current solution
7 isn't "working good". Look at the cases where people mistakenly uninstalled
8 coreutils instead of mktemp. Not to mention the fact that uninstalling mktemp
9 before upgrading coreutils is indeed the wrong solution.
12 Bo Andresen
13 Gentoo KDE Dev