From: Charlie Shepherd <masterdriverz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-im/pidgin protocols
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:02:30
1 On 19/07/07, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > Unfortunately, that is the state we're currently in with regards to our
3 > > profiles and the tree. I know I would *love* to see us start using IUSE
4 > > defaults as soon as possible in the tree.
5 >
6 > So just start using IUSE defaults! There's no problem with doing it at once
7 > since it can be considered as a part of EAPI=0.
8
9 Uhh, no it can't. That's the point of EAPI. Ebuilds with different
10 EAPIs are incompatible, so if you start shoving '+'s in IUSE without
11 setting EAPI to 1, all the pm's should explode rather noisily. (Unless
12 you're talking about using package.use in profiles/, which iirc can be
13 used with EAPI 0 ebuilds).
17 -Charlie
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list