From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Accessibility on our release media
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 00:32:25
1 Thomas Pani wrote:
2 > On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> The real issue here is the size. If these additional packages plus all of
5 >> the alsa modules add 20MB to the minimal CD, it's just not worth it. It's
6 >> not "minimal" anymore.
9 > Could you elaborate whom that change would affect (negatively)? 83MB
10 > for current x86 isn't really "minimal" any more, anyway.
11 > I don't see the difference between 83MB and 103MB:
12 > - Makes no difference on blank CD (even those minis have ~200MB).
13 > - Regarding download size, well, after the CD you'll have to get the
14 > stage tarball and most probably source tarballs as well.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Thomas Pani
22 For a person on dial-up, about 2 1/2 hours of additional download. That
23 said, I'd be OK with the increase in size if it would help a person who
24 can't see the screen.
25
26 Dale
27