From: Jack Morgan <yojack@××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] default-1.0-gcc3 success
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:33:20
1 I did a fresh install after borking an upgrade atempt. I was able to
2 get gcc3.1 to bootstrap. I installed from cdrom, BTW. Here is a short
3 summary:
4
5 1) Bootstrap phase
6 Perl wouldn't compile. I had to unmask it, eg comment it out, in
7 package.mask. Then it compiled. Version perl5.6.1-r4, I think.
8 My USE variables were set to the default or USE="" and my compiler
9 was set to -march=i686 -O6
10
11 2) Emerge system
12 Everything compiled fine here. Once the system was installed, I added
13 many USE variables and changed my compiler to -march=athlon -O6. All
14 packages installed after this worked fine using athlon optimization.
15 At this point, I wanted to do, emrege -e world but was afraid ;-)
16
17 3) Xfree-4.2.0-r9
18 Wouldn't compile. I unmasked this in package.mask and I'm currently
19 compiling xfree-4.2.0-r11. I'll let you know how it goes.
20
21 Anyway, thanks to all devlopers working on getting gcc-3.1 working.
24 jack_morgan