From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] ACCEPT_RESTRICT for questionable values of RESTRICT
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:00:34
1 On Wednesday 10 January 2007 20:01, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:56:00 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
3 > | as stated in original e-mail, unattended/sandbox are just some
4 > | examples, not the only ones
5 >
6 > So which RESTRICT values *should* the user legitimately have to care
7 > about?
8
9 On Wednesday 10 January 2007 16:40, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
10 > I am a user. I don't want any of my compiles executing with elevated
11 > privileges. I have FEATURES=userpriv. Package foo has
12 > RESTRICT=userpriv. I don't have ACCEPT_RESTRICT=userpriv. When I try
13 > to install package foo, it fails, because I don't want to allow
14 > RESTRICT=userpriv.
15 -mike