From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:26:20
1 On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to pass on maintainership of
5 >
6 > dev-cpp/gtest
7 > dev-cpp/gmock
8 >
9 > I don't use them and I don't even remember how I came to maintain
10 > them. These two are among the packages that have googlecode in
11 > their SRC_URI, so this is a bit urgent. Upstream has moved to
12 > github and merged the two packages:
13 >
14 > https://github.com/google/googletest
15 >
16 > The next and only thing on the agenda is to bump and unify the
17 > two ebuilds to version 1.8.0 which was released in August.
18 > Anyone?
19
20 Whoever picks this up might want to consider switching to cmake, and
21 installing static libs instead of shared libs.
22
23 The current ebuild installs shared libs with libtools default soname
24 version (0). The cmake build doesn't even bother with that and
25 installs bare .so files.
26
27 I don't think they are intended to be used as systemwide shared libraries.