From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:25:59
1 The problem with ebuild config, at least until bug 11359 is handled,
2 is if the package is emerged early on in a list of packages, there is
3 a chance the person won't know to use ebuild config.... would it be
4 possible for portage to run an ebuild config for _all_ packages that
5 need it after _all_ packages that are being emerged are emerged? This
6 way the upgrade goes without interference, but the customization waits
7 until the person comes back, either that or an emerge config that
8 tracks all packages that need config that have yet to be configged,
9 currently, hoping a person thinks to ebuild packagename config is a
10 lot to ask, unless every package takes use of it...
11