From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eudev project announcement
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:22:44
1 Olav Vitters <olav@×××××××.nl> wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 09:29:26AM -0500, Richard Yao wrote:
4 >> As I said in an earlier email, Lennart Poettering claims that it does
5 >> not work. We are discussing some of the things necessary to make it
6 >work.
7 >
8 >Just to repeat:
9 >In this thread it was claimed that a separate /usr is not supported by
10 >systemd/udev.
11 >
12 >A case which works with latest systemd on various distributions. I
13 >checked with upstream (not Lennart), and they confirmed it works. I can
14 >wait for Lennart to say the same, but really not needed.
15 >
16 >I assume this will again turn into a "but I meant something else".
17
18 Olav.
19
20 Lennart has stated that he considers a seperate /usr without init* broken.
21 This has worked correctly in the past.
22
23 The direction udev development is going, according to Lennart, is to make that impossible and he refuses to fix this regression.
24
25 I am really happy with this project and intend on testing it once requests for this appear in the eudev mailing list.
28 Joost Roeleveld
29 --
30 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.