From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug wrangling
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:17:25
1 On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Dawid Węgliński <cla@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Monday 08 of September 2008 22:22:12 Joe Peterson wrote:
3 >> Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 >> > everyone working on bugs, please add all people from metadata.xml to
5 >> > the assignee or cc field, I regularly have to search for bugs where a
6 >> > team and I maintain a package because only the team has been added.
7 >> > Second, please use full atoms (cat-egory/package) in the Summary
8 >> > field, so searching is easier.
9 >>
10 >> Sorry if this answer can be found elsewhere, but if one has a proxy
11 >> maintainer (i.e. not a Gentoo dev) for a package, can/should this person be
12 >> added to metadata.xml? Is there a special tag for this? I can certainly
13 >> see this being helpful (so that person automatically gets on the cc list at
14 >> least).
15 >>
16 >> Thanks, Joe
17 >
18 > Yes, and usually that's how it's done. Eg eix' metadata.xml says:
19 >
20 > <maintainer>
21 > <email>vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de</email>
22 > <name>Martin Väth</name>
23 > </maintainer
27 Yep. And for more completeness you can add something like
28 <description>Proxied maintainer<description/>. Although, it's quite
29 obvious when it's a non-Gentoo email.
30
31 Regards,
32 --
33 Santiago M. Mola