From: "Dawid Węgliński" <cla@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug wrangling
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:38:25
1 On Monday 08 of September 2008 22:22:12 Joe Peterson wrote:
2 > Christian Faulhammer wrote:
3 > > everyone working on bugs, please add all people from metadata.xml to
4 > > the assignee or cc field, I regularly have to search for bugs where a
5 > > team and I maintain a package because only the team has been added.
6 > > Second, please use full atoms (cat-egory/package) in the Summary
7 > > field, so searching is easier.
8 >
9 > Sorry if this answer can be found elsewhere, but if one has a proxy
10 > maintainer (i.e. not a Gentoo dev) for a package, can/should this person be
11 > added to metadata.xml? Is there a special tag for this? I can certainly
12 > see this being helpful (so that person automatically gets on the cc list at
13 > least).
14 >
15 > Thanks, Joe
16
17 Yes, and usually that's how it's done. Eg eix' metadata.xml says:
18
19 <maintainer>
20 <email>vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de</email>
21 <name>Martin Väth</name>