From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:01:56
1 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 > I have updated the GLEP, hopefully it is less confusing now and hence
3 > the discussion will be more technical.
4 >
5 > As I still didn't get the "ok to commit" from our glep folks, read the
6 > most current version here:
7 >
8 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~peper/glep-0055.html
9 >
10 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~peper/glep-0055.txt
11
12 Haven't read the previous discussion, apologies if this has been
13 clarified already, but I think it would be good to answer the following
14 question in the GLEP:
15
16 Why (in terms of your GLEP) are you still allowing ebuilds to set EAPI
17 inside the ebuild?
18
19 It seems that one approach you might take is to move the EAPI selection
20 into the filename and remove it from the ebuild itself, and it's not
21 clear to me why your proposal isn't exactly that.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Daniel
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list