From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Breaking changes in dev-libs/msgpack-5.0.0
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 14:09:16
1 Dear everyone,
2
3 Having not been given any love for a long time, we have now got in the
4 tree a version of dev-libs/msgpack newer than 3.3.0 - namely 5.0.0. Yes,
5 we have managed to skip the entire major version 4 (yay?)! Anyway, the
6 version in question introduces at least two breaking changes:
7
8 - since 4.0.0, the (header-only) C++ library is no longer bundled with
9 the C one. As a consequence, a new(ish) package dev-cpp/msgpack-cxx has
10 been introduced and >=dev-libs/msgpack-5.0.0 no longer provide
11 IUSE="boost cxx";
12
13 - since 5.0.0 CMake modules for both the C and the C++ variant of
14 msgpack have different names, which might break cmake-based revdeps
15 which have not been updated accordingly.
16
17 In light of the above, both dev-cpp/msgpack-cxx and
18 >=dev-libs/msgpack-5.0.0 are currently masked in order to give the
19 maintainers of msgpack devreps ample time to test compatibility with the
20 new versions. They will, however, be unmasked on the 3rd of March unless
21 major problems are encountered with the revdep update. There is a
22 tracker bug "msgpack-5" which can be used to group related issues.
23
24 On behalf of the Vim project,
25 --
26 Marecki

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature