From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: Darren Greer <nod@×××.to>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge modification query
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:10:24
1 Sounds like an awesome idea to me.
2
3 -Jared H.
4
5 On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Darren Greer wrote:
6
7 > Hey all.
8 >
9 > I am working on a site that allows users to post their "compile" times
10 > for gentoo packages. Right now, they will have to do a "pretend" first,
11 > and then do a "emerge -f packagename;time emerge packagename" for each of the packages, and report the "real" time of the install. I was curious of the possibility of adding an -t or something function to emerge that at the end of the complete install posts the "real" times of each of the installs, less the download of course.
12 >
13 > This would be a great feature for users to be able to share with others
14 > how long each package took. My site will store users CPU/RAM/HD
15 > information, so I can track differences. But that aside, it would still
16 > be a very useful tool?
17 >
18 > What does everyone think?
19 >
20 > My site is at http://www.nod.to (You have to sign up first).
21 >
22 > I am not a member of this list yet, so please respond to me via my email
23 > account (gentoo@×××.to).
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 >