From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:58:16
1 On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Il giorno mer, 19/01/2011 alle 21.44 -0500, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
3 >>
4 >> you really need to start off discussions as "here is the problem i
5 >> perceive
6 >> and here is a solution i think will address it".  shooting off e-mails
7 >> from on
8 >> high as an official edict without room for discussion is no way to run
9 >> a team.
10 >
11 > There is nothing new or revolutionary in what I said — are you trying to
12 > challenge the need for traceability of distfiles?
13
14 Good grief. No.
15
16 He seems to be simply stating that you'd do better to say "we have a
17 problem with $this and I think it'd be fixed with $that" instead of
18 "This is to be considered QA policy, so we're going to ask soon to
19 enforce this."
20
21 Not hosting distfiles from dev.g.o is a reasonable thing that I think
22 everyone understands and agrees with, but "this will be official
23 policy" jargon is annoying and doesn't really serve any purpose.
24
25 Matt