From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:29:42
1 On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > During the last release of OpenRC, I learned that people *do* run
4 > production servers on ~arch. I asked about it and was told that the
5 > reason for this is bitrot in the stable tree.
6 >
7 This right here seems strange to me. What things in stable are
8 undergoing bitrot? What manner of bitrot? On what architectures?
9 Specifics or examples seem like they'll be important here because I
10 think this is largely a matter of perception. Having to endure CantOS
11 at work, I have a hard time faulting the stable situation that I see
12 with my amd64 machine at home.
13
14 Regards,
15 Wyatt