From: David Faure <faure@×××.org>
To: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli@×××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE2/3 - KOffice problems (a bit more explanation)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:08:17
1 On Monday 08 April 2002 11:30, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
2 > Thank you for your reply,
3 > KDM is now working as advertised. :)
4 >
5 > However, about the KOffice problem. I found what was wrong and I am not sure
6 > that there is a fix though...
7 >
8 > So, the whole problem is because KDE 3 was installed prior to the KDE
9 > 2-libs. You see, I installed Gentoo on Friday and when I emerged KDE, it
10 > emerged KDE 3 by default. When two days later I decided that I wanted
11 > KOffice (and this will be the case for a lot of Gentoo users), it emerged
12 > Office 1.1.1 and the KDE 2 libs that it needed in order KOffice to run.
13
14 Wrong, there's a koffice-1.1.1-kde3 for kde3.
15
16 [snip]
17 The rest looks like setup issues, nothing related to koffice itself.
20 David FAURE, david@××××××××××××.com, faure@×××.org
21 http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/
22 KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today