From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome2 release schelude:
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:19:19
1 On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 05:03:11PM +0200, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Tue, 28 May 2002 12:02:36 +0100
4 > José Fonseca <j_r_fonseca@××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >
6 > > way to reinstall gentoo (or simply recompile all packages with new
7 > > settings) in order to achieve the same effect?
8 >
9 > emerge -e world
10 > will do a recompile of everything from scratch.
11 >
12 > we are closing in on a few nastygrams from ncurses now. (gcc 3.1 )
13
14 For reasons similar to the original poster I have refrained
15 from experimenting too much, so I have stayed with gcc 2.95. Are
16 you saying that (plus minus a few bugs to be ironed out) one
17 will eventually be able to switch to the gcc3 profile , emerge -e world,
18 "sit back and relax". That sounds really cool!
19
20 Stefan