From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rc4 impressions
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:12:02
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:06:58AM -0500, Andreas Schweitzer wrote:
: Hi,
: I was so bold and downloaded 1.0_rc4_pre2.
: I know, rc4 is somehow not released ... but it's on the
: ibiblio site :-)
: Well, I only grabed the sys.tbz2 file and installed it on 2 partitions
: according to the Installation manual.
:
: 2 bugs so far :
: - The included man is linked against a newer version
:   of the stdc++ library than is included. I think it's
:   glibc2.1 vs. glibc2.2 mismatch.
: - there is a mismatch in /etc/profile and /etc/env.d
:   /etc/profile wants something in /etc, not /etc.d
:   (sorry, I forgot the name of the file ;-).

Hey, now that I think about it, have we fixed the reboot/halt bug that I
mentioned way back when?  You know, the one where "halt" reboots the
system and "reboot" halts the system?

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@××××××.com           ||  ...It's much more important