From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Forced/automatic USE flag constraints (codename: ENFORCED_USE)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:14:16
1 On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:07:00 +0200
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The best way to convince me is through valid examples.
4 >
5 > It is also easier to be convinced when you try to understand and ask
6 > for clarifications instead of just rejecting without thinking :)
7
8 The problem with this entire proposal is that it's still in "well I
9 can't think of how it could possibly go wrong" territory. We need a
10 formal proof that it's sound. History has shown that if something can
11 be abused by Gentoo developers, it will be abused...
14 Ciaran McCreesh