From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Do not modify ebuilds which are already in the tree... even if masked
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:25:40
1 cilly kirjoitti:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I think it is worth to discuss about `Do not modify ebuilds which are
5 > already in the tree... even if masked.`
6 >
7 > Sometimes ebuilds which are already in the portage tree are modified
8 > without changing the
9 > version-number, i.e. ebuild-r1 is in the portage tree and the ebuild-r1
10 > gets changed,
11 > i.e. useflag or other issues without changing the version number to
12 > ebuild-r2. This causes
13 > confusion i.e. in bug-reports.
14
15 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/ebuild-revisions/index.html
16
17 This is the current policy. So far it has worked quite well for me at least.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri