From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC about another *DEPEND variable
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:30:25
Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 20:27 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote: >> Duncan Coutts wrote: >> >>> So my point is, I don't think it can be simply dismissed as ABI nonsense >>> that we don't have to deal with. Being able to SLOT on the compiler >>> flavour (and possibly version) would allow us to do useful things that >>> we cannot currently do. >> what about making them build what you want depending on useflags? > > Aye, for the implementation flavours that's probably the way to go once > we have use-deps. We'll have to hold off on multiple versions of the > same compiler though. > > It might get a bit hairy though :-) > > DEPEND="ghc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ ghc ) > hugs? ( dev-haskell/foo @ hugs ) > yhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ yhc ) > jhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ jhc )" > > (I've not looked up what the use-dep syntax is, I'm just guessing)
as now, you can handle that with an eclass that takes deps, checks those deps with certain use if the use has been enabled and dies if those criterions aren't meet (asking you to falling back to hc-updater to keep those applications in shape) pretty hacky and itchy but that's probably the best you can do w/out use-deps. (PS can you slot on use now?) lu -- Luca Barbato Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list