From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avoiding urgent stabilizations
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:21:42
1 * Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > My suggestion, as I said to fosdem, is to freeze, or take a
4 > snapshot if you like, of the current tree, stabilize what you
5 > need to stabilize, test the whole tree ( at least compile wise )
6 > for a couple of weeks and then replace the existing stable tree.
7
8 hmm, would it make sense to add a new masking for the testing
9 tree, so users could decide which stability grade vs they wish ?
10 or perhaps use overlays for that ?
11
12 For example, I'd like to have the critical packages (everything
13 that's needed to bootup and do basic remote maintenance) from
14 the new frozen-stable tree, but other things should stay as
15 they are.
18 cu
19 --
21 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
22
23 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
24 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
26 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme