From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for October
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:22:14
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:11:23 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> I'm guessing it's too late to ask the Council to discuss the "EAPI
5 >>> 2 is brokened :(" thread? What would be the earliest the Council
6 >>> would be able to make a decision upon that? Unfortunately it's
7 >>> something that could get messy if left for too long.
8 >> I think that you may be overreacting. The python-2.6 ebuild from bug
9 >> 240684 is still hard masked in package.mask and I'm doing a
10 >> sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc12 release today that will fix the problem.
11 >
12 > What about pkgcore?
13
14 It's not Gentoo's primary package manager, so it probably doesn't matter if it
15 goes a few days without getting fixed. The worst that happens is a few people
16 get failed builds, right?
19 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
20 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead