From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:21:47
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 08:52 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
> I said from the beginning that I had not written up a proposal for it. > Why? Because i wanted some form of discussion first so that i could get > a feel for people's concerns and thoughts on it besides those who i've > already talked to. Proposals are great and all, but it helps when you > actually see what people expect first...
Since we are talking about a displinary process, my expectation is to see a documented, open process that is as fair and balanced as we as an organization can be. I expect that the facts will be documented. I expect that the persons making the decision will be as impartial as fully possible. I expect that any decisons that contain adverse consequences to be well thought out and documented. When proposing to make changes to the process, I expect to see the reasoning behind the changes. Frankly, all that I am seeing is complaining about too much red-tape and endless meetings for a process that hasn't even been used yet. I have gone back several times and reread the process. There are places where I see that we can probably make improvements, but I am failing to see endless meetings and red-tape in the process. A displinary process means that there are potential adverse consequences involved. That means that in order to be fair and appear fair, that we have to document. If members of the devrel team are unwilling to do that, then frankly I don't want those members to be involved in the displinary process. Is documenting things like this fun? No it is not, but it is neccessary in this type of process. Finally, to answer the inevitable question, yes I will step up to the plate if asked to do so. Regards, Paul -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list