From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@××××××××.fi>
Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Finnish translator status
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:15:18
Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> I'm sorry if I have missed something, but is there something specific I > should be doing now to get things progressing, apart from qa-checking > and bugzillaing rest of the important document translations? I haven't > received any info from anyone so I was just wondering if my over active > spam filtering or something similar made me miss something important. > > And about the quiz answers, the reason they were a bit brief is that I > couldn't quite motivate myself as to why a documentation translator > would need to have solid knowledge about ebuild development mechanics. I > mostly just answered what I had learned from translating the handbooks > and by experience within few years. >
Hi Flammie, devrel should contact you to set up your account. You're right about the quiz being useless at assessing whether a doc translator would be up to the task but a Lead/Follow-up Translator is also a Doc Dev and a Gentoo Dev and it is fair to expect any dev has a minimum of knowledge about Gentoo. I trust the devrel team take the position asked into account when assessing a candidate's answers to the quiz. Considering you won't be able to screw up portage, I hope it won't take too long to set you up. FWIW, I was quite happy with the answers you sent to recruiters@g.o Given the contacts we've had on IRC and the translations you have already submitted on b.g.o, I am quite confident you'll do a good job and your mentorship period should not last too long, depending on your activity of course. With kind regards, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en /\