From: Preston Cody <codeman@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Request for gentoo installer translation help
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:18:28
> > #: gli-dialog.py:80 > > msgid "make.conf" > > msgstr "" > > > > #: gli-dialog.py:82 > > msgid "etc/portage/*" > > msgstr ""
These are referring to titles of screens, not actual filenames. Even so, I agree they really aren't needed to be translated.
> > #: gli-dialog.py:204 gli-dialog.py:234 > > msgid "Cannot open file " > > msgstr "" > > Will there be a file name after this one? If so, and if possible, it > would be very nice if translators could specify the placement of file > name within string using eg. python style format strings. > > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:320 GLIGenDialog.py:1729 > > msgid " - Unallocated space (" > > msgstr "" > > > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:322 GLIGenDialog.py:1731 > > msgid "logical, " > > msgstr "" > > > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:326 GLIGenDialog.py:1735 > > msgid " - Extended Partition (" > > msgstr ""
The hard part of combining these is that the strings can be mixed and matched a whole bunch in the partitioning section. I'll see if I can combine a few more of those together.
> How are these strings combined? I couldn't find any possible place by > quickly browsing the screen shots. > > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:1792 > > msgid ": Settings: DHCP. Options: " > > msgstr "" > > : in the start?
yeah that screen is all just one big string passed into a textbox, with different segments with little translatable pieces in them. the : is there for asthetic purposes. it lines up the columns.