From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving the handbooks to the wiki
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 01:49:18
1 On 12/10/14 09:43, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 10:09:50AM -0500, wireless wrote:
3 >> OK, so, just so you know, the gentoo-embedded-handbook is excellent, but
4 >> in need of expansion to support either more sections, or a document
5 >> linked that is more focus on those new to embedded gentoo.
6 >
7 > My current efforts are not reflected on the embedded handbook, which is
8 > managed by the embedded team. But I can imagine that they would not mind
9 > that their handbook is also moved to the wiki later using the experience
10 > currently obtained from the "main" handbook.
11 >
12 > I'll share my experiences with them when the main handbook is moved so they
13 > can see what way they want to go forward.
14 >
15 > Personally, I think that a large amount of information from the handbooks
16 > (both the one I am currently looking at and the embedded one) might be
17 > better off in separate guides/articles on the wiki, with a nice portal for
18 > the project that directs users to the information.
19 >
20 > But that's things for later.
21 >
22 > Wkr,
23 > Sven Vermeulen
27 Sven,
28
29 I trust your judgement. I greatly appreciate your contributions to
30 Gentoo. I shall be patient.
31
32 peace,
33 James