From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving the handbooks to the wiki
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 01:22:50
1 On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 10:09:50AM -0500, wireless wrote:
2 > OK, so, just so you know, the gentoo-embedded-handbook is excellent, but
3 > in need of expansion to support either more sections, or a document
4 > linked that is more focus on those new to embedded gentoo.
5
6 My current efforts are not reflected on the embedded handbook, which is
7 managed by the embedded team. But I can imagine that they would not mind
8 that their handbook is also moved to the wiki later using the experience
9 currently obtained from the "main" handbook.
10
11 I'll share my experiences with them when the main handbook is moved so they
12 can see what way they want to go forward.
13
14 Personally, I think that a large amount of information from the handbooks
15 (both the one I am currently looking at and the embedded one) might be
16 better off in separate guides/articles on the wiki, with a nice portal for
17 the project that directs users to the information.
18
19 But that's things for later.
20
21 Wkr,